Monday, January 9, 2012

Baby Steps

As I mentioned, this whole process will be a slow process. And even though I want to change many areas of my health, I think mostly about the nutritional changes that need to take place. We have some good habits already in place, but there are many poor habits that we will need to change.
I think that for us what we will do is to continue to eat what is already in our pantry. But then as we use a product that is not as healthy, we will simply replace it with a healthier alternative.
We have been learning that it is very important to eat WHOLE FOODS and to try to keep them as pure as possible. And if it is available, ORGANIC is a great way to go.
Today I went to Costco to get a few things and I especially wanted to get organic chicken breasts and organic peanut butter.
I found the organic chicken breasts. Very expensive! I was kind of expecting that, though. But it was still a shock! I also bought 2 organic fryer chickens - which were also very expensive!
When I got to the peanut butter section, I was surprised to see that they didn't have the organic peanut butter anymore - it was replaced with "natural" peanut butter. The organic would have been best, but the natural will have to do for now.
This is all a bit overwhelming for me, but I will continue to try to take everyday in baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment